Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Creativity in Menu Planning

Yesterday evening, I went to eat in one of those small restaurants in a small alley near my work place with Tongwei. It is a newly opened restaurant so we thought of trying out their food... As I got the menu from the waitress, I looked through it and saw that there were English names translated for some of the common dishes… Out of curiosity, I begining looking for the English names of those dishes which I usually like to order...

I smiled and laughed at the first few dishes with English names… Then as I go on, I laughed out louder and louder until other people will to stare at me as if I'm mad or whatever... I guess this restaurant really had a good sense of humor when they translate those dishes’ names, especially on the 干锅仔鸡...

宫爆鸡丁 – The temple explodes the chicken cube


酱爆鸡丁 – The sauce explodes the chicken cube


干锅仔鸡 – Fuck a chicken


油麦菜 – Rape flower


红油百叶 – One hundred leaves of sesame oil


Aren’t they really creative? Ha… Ha…

No comments: